Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Thursday, August 10, 2006

last ones of apt






As you can see from these pictures, this is the kitchen/shower room. A bit strange to have them so close. I actually like the shower. It has a little deep tub to soak in. The rest of the shower room has the wooden floors that you can wash yourself before you soak. I am so afraid that I’ll go crashing through the floors someday! The kitchen has an itty bitty fridge, a toaster oven (next to my toothbrush), microwave, rice cooker and stove top. No oven. I guess I’ll bake small things in the toaster oven. There are 2 balconies, pictured is the back one with the washer. I’ll be hanging my clothes to dry. I already miss my soft warm towels and socks. But at least I don’t have to go to the laundry mat (sp?). Overall, I really like my apt. I’m trying hard to make it feel like home. I hope you all enjoy the pictures!

8 Comments:

  • Your apt looks pretty nice. And like you live there. And, hey, it could be worse. My friend just came back from China and she said that every toilet she saw, in Hong Kong, Taipei, and Macau, was a glorified hole in the ground that you squated over. She gave me her pictures, I have proof. But it is odd that the kitchen and shower are so close.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, August 10, 2006 3:13:00 PM  

  • My friend is not that weird, she only took one picture and that was of the best toilet she saw the whole three-week trip!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, August 10, 2006 3:14:00 PM  

  • Place looks nice ... Do you know what the estimated square footage is? How is the weather and are you running the AC all the time?

    By Blogger Justin Kanoya, at Thursday, August 10, 2006 3:47:00 PM  

  • Your mother shared your blog address with me. I am a coworker and as a matter of fact, we met the show (Pirates of the Caribbean)It looks like you are making the transition nicely and I hope you continue to enjoy the culture and atmosphere. Don't worry about your Mom, I will be a big enough pain in her backside that she will miss you only every 5 minutes rather than every minute. Greg

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, August 12, 2006 5:06:00 AM  

  • Your pad is really cute Leilani! Wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday! I'm sure it will be a memorable one! Love and miss you...Sheila & Justin

    By Blogger Justin Kanoya, at Saturday, August 12, 2006 2:52:00 PM  

  • Hi Leilani!

    We all wanted to wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! We will be celebrating Mikey's birthday on Sunday with a Spongebob cake (go figure). I'll make sure to add an extra candle for you.

    Your apartment looks so cute :) I hope everything is going great.

    Love - JoJo, Dave, Anthony & Mikey (your birthday twin)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, August 12, 2006 3:42:00 PM  

  • You will find toilets you love. Heated with remote control. My guess is that you have already come across. My mom would only go for 'Western-Style' when she came - have you seen signs for it yet? Happy Birthday. Nothing like a Japanese party. Eh? Mike

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, August 17, 2006 12:18:00 PM  

  • The sad thing is that by the time you realize that there is NO NEED in any country for a bigger fridge, or a dryer, or even a bigger apartment, you slowly get sucked back in. Ahhh, the days of yore - IT IS BETTER WHERE YOU ARE!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, August 17, 2006 12:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page