Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Greetings from Cambodia!

HI everyone! I just wanted to post a quick note to let everyone know that I made it safely into Cambodia. This is an absolutely amazing country and the things I am getting to do are fantastic! Of course I will post more later with pictures, but so far I have visited some great restaurants, the Royal Palace, the Silver Temple, an orphanage, a center where thay make filters for water, a music school, and a nearby wat (temple) with an elephant and monkeys. I was so surprised on the first day when we were having coffee in a cafe, and I looked out the window. I said "Is someone walking an ... elephant?" And sure enough everyday at 5pm, the elephant from the temple walks home. The favorite part of the trip so far was visiting the orphanage. The kids are rescued from a dump where they collect trash all day. At the orphange, they did a talent show full of dancing and a small skit. It was great. Then we could talk to all the kids afterwards. They were so amazing.
Well, I will write more later, but I am having an amazing trip so far.
Take care!
Love, Leilani

2 Comments:

  • Hi Leilani! I wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas! I am excited that you are coming back to San Diego and wanted to let you know that we are here for you for whatever you need!

    Love, Joahanna & Family...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, December 23, 2007 2:57:00 PM  

  • Merry Christmas, Leilani.
    We so enjoy hearing about all that you are doing. Be safe, be well, and God bless you.
    Love,
    Aunty Marian

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, December 24, 2007 12:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page