Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Kid’s Snow Festival















Of course the most fun part of the festival was the kids section. It was about a 30 min bus ride, but it was well worth it! The first thing we did was go through a large maze made out of ice. Then we took a ride on a raft pulled by a snow mobile. I almost popped out on one bump when I wasn’t holding on because I was looking for my camera. It was great!
But the best part was making the snowman. We got all our equipment: bowls, wooden circles for eyes and rectangles for eyebrows, gloves, and a nice young firefighter who was volunteering at the festival. Everything you need to make a good snowman! Our helper spoke a little English, and was quite the gentleman. He carried my snowman safely from where we made it to the stage where we got our picture taken. Susanne’s snowman wasn’t so lucky. His head fell off while she was carrying it. But our helper tried his best to repair the damage.
And I don’t know if you noticed, but Japanese snowmen are made with two balls, not three like in the US. And in Sapporo, the snowmen have eyebrows.
We went on Friday, so I can just imagine how many snowmen there were by Sunday! It was lots of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page