Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Okinawa day two








On day two, we woke up bright and early and headed to the Okinawa Aquarium. It was a pretty nice aquarium. I liked the big tank with the whale sharks and huge manta rays. There was also a crab with arms longer than mine. We didn't have time to see the manatee enclosure, next time. There was another flower festival at the aquarium. We all liked the tako the best.
We ended the day with a trip to Pineapple World. I bought lots of pineapple chocolate, mochi, and candy for omiyage.
I feel very fortunate to have been invited on this trip.

This week, I only had class on Monday and Tuesday because the students are testing the rest of the week. So I decided to take another trip! I leave for Hong Kong on Wed and will stay until Sunday. More blogs to come!

1 Comments:

  • (We've met, Leilani, but I'm not sure you'd remember me -- I'm a hula kaikunane <hula brother> of your mom's.) I love the photo of you taken through the jaws of a -- what *is* dat thing? Sounds like you're having a great time, unfamiliar toilets and spiders notwithstanding. Enjoy! And are you still dancing? Me ke aloha, Daniel

    By Blogger Pono650, at Wednesday, March 07, 2007 6:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page