Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Mom visits Japan! Part 2



The first few pictures are of mom and I going with a couple of my friends, Akemi and Chise, to Shirahama beach in Southern Wakayama. It is famous for it’s beach and onsens. Since mom would only get her feet naked, we decided to try the foot onsen, which had really hot water and was quite relaxing.











Then on Tuesday, we headed over to Hiroshima. We went to the Peace Museum, and walked through Peace Park and by the A-Bomb Dome.
This is my second trip to Hiroshima, but I enjoyed seeing the sights again. The first time I went to Miyajima Island, we found no monkeys, only funny monkey signs. Well, this time was a completely different scene. There were monkeys everywhere!! We just so happen to go when they were getting fed. I have never seen so many monkeys in my life. At first I was a little scared because they were all so close, and I tried to avoid eye contact, but I didn’t need to worry because they were much more interested in the food than the people. Gee, I guess we really aren’t that different. There were also lots of baby monkeys that were adorable! I would have loved to hold one, but I didn’t feel like getting my eyes gauged out by a mommy monkey, so I just took lots of pictures.









After that we visited Hiroshima Castle. The grounds are beautiful, and of course with the sakura blooming, it was amazing. This castle looked different because it is made of a dark wood.
We left early the next morning for Kyoto.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page