Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Muay Thai






That night we had the best Thai food at a restaurant called Rakk. I had fried cheeses wontons, Beef Panang curry, and Pad See Ew noodles. Then as if we were not full enough, we hopped next door to have chocolate cake and coffee for dessert.
Then, we decided to take in some local culture at a Muay Thai, kickboxing, match. I had never been to anything like that before, so I was excited to see what it was all about. I was a bit disappointed to see such young boys fighting. They looked about 10, but I hope they were older. Each pair that came out to fight did a ceremonial little dance around the ring. They were accompanied by a small band of musicians playing music, which continued while they were fighting. We watched 6 matches. One guy won by knocking out his opponent, and I felt so worried about the guy being carried out on a stretcher. I guess watching young boys beat each other up isn’t my idea of entertainment. But it was an interesting experience. And that was day one in Bangkok.

1 Comments:

  • Mmm! Panang curry, one of our favorites. Kickboxing does not sound like my kind of entertainment either. The reclining Buddha would be amazing to see in person.
    Aunty Marian

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, February 01, 2008 2:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page