Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Monday, March 17, 2008

Next Year

My how quickly your life changes sometimes! A few weeks ago, I was ready to head back to San Diego and resume my teaching career. But right before my trip to Taiwan, I received an email offering me the chance to take another year off and returning for the school year ‘09/’10. With lots of thinking and not much planning, I have decided to take a 3rd year leave of absence. During this year, I have decided to live in Hawaii. I will be close to lots of family, including my aging grandparents and my new brother. What I hope to get from this year is some valuable family time together. I want to help out with my grandparents, teach my brother English, and live in the place I’ve always considered my second home.
There are still many hurdles with finding an apartment, a job, and getting my kitties through quarantine, but I think it will be a good move for me. I am very excited, but also very busy planning. It will take a lot of work to move again. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

  • Leilani! Whoa, hisashiburi! I was just randomly checking blogs for some new stuff. Seems like everyone's been too busy but now since there's no more classes people have time to write again, hahaha.
    Anyways, that sounds like a crazy turn of events! It's hard to imagine that it's already been a year and a half since we got here, huh! Geez!
    I still remember meeting up for the first time in San Diego and going bowling. Hahah. Seems like forever ago.
    Anyways, I wish you luck on your new adventure in Hawai'i! I hope you find a place and a job and get settled quickly (so I can come visit ;) ) haha, j/k, not just because of that. I hope all goes well with your new brother too.
    I hope you still keep your blog going, I'd love to keep up with your adventure. I've always loved reading your blog though I haven't read them all yet, BUT I WILL! It's on the spring reading list!
    Anyways, look forward to reading more! Be well!

    By Blogger mike, at Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page