Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dynaland










Wow, I am really behind on my blogs! So back in February, I went to Dynaland Ski Resort with one of my adult English students and her husband. We took an overnight bus and arrived early Sunday morning. It was snowing quite a bit, and was very beautiful. I tried to snowboard. I mostly sat in the snow after falling. And they were kind enough to lend me their snowboard, which I promptly broke two of the straps on. They said it is an old board, but of course I felt horrible!
My student, Sachiko, wasn’t too sure on the snowboard either, but she did well. Her husband has been skiing since he was 7 years old, so he did great. He would go up and down the slopes and would help pick me up as he passed. So I usually sat around waiting for him to ski by. The board is slippery!
Snowboarding is really fun, but difficult. Luckily no one was nearby listening to me as I would start to go faster and get scared. Or if they did, they would wonder who I kept telling “no” to. I guess I was talking to the snowboard, telling it not to go so fast. When it didn’t listen, I would just fall down. Maybe not the best strategy, but it worked.
The season is pretty much finished, so I am glad I got to go one more time before leaving Japan.

2 Comments:

  • I am with you. I can ski, but I don't know how to stop, so I just fall down, before slamming into something or going off of a cliff.

    The snow is so beautiful!
    Love,
    Aunty Marian

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, March 14, 2008 9:24:00 PM  

  • That's a beautiful looking mountain! :) Brave girl...I've never been able to muster the courage myself. Maybe we can hit Big Bear in 2010?!

    By Blogger merrymaryallegra, at Sunday, March 16, 2008 1:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page