Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Friday, April 13, 2007

Mom visits Japan! Part 4













For our last sightseeing excursion, mom and I went to Kimiidera Temple here in Wakayama. It was my first time visiting it, even though it is not too far from my apt. Unfortunately, it was the day the “Yellow Sand from China” blew in. We weren’t hit too badly in the city, it was just really dark and hazy. So the pictures I included here are from the same temple, but I went back with my friend, Scott, on Thurs when the light was better. You can see the differences in the days by the sky: white sky is Monday, blue sky is Thurs.
Mom kept asking everyone which temple is the one with all the steps. Well, I don’t know if this is the one she meant, but there are quite a few steps. It is such a beautiful place! I am so happy I finally made it there. There are so many beautiful cherry trees and it is up on the hill with an amazing view of the ocean. This temple and the castle, are two of my favorite spots in Wakayama.























I like these because they are the same shot, just different focal points.











So this concludes mom’s trip here to Japan. It was a great trip. Both of us had a very nice time. I think all together we took over 800 pictures, so these are only a few, but I hope you enjoy them.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Mom ate a manta ray.

2 Comments:

  • Manta Ray! They are related to sharks and people eat those all the time. I love the pictures.

    I have to go to Japan at cherry blossom time. Your photos are wonderful. Aunty Marian

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, April 14, 2007 12:58:00 AM  

  • Manta Ray! They are related to sharks and people eat those all the time.

    I have to go to Japan at cherry blossom time. Your photos are wonderful. Aunty Marian

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, April 14, 2007 12:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page