Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Budapest part three















For my last full day in Budapest, I did some more walking around town. I saw St. Steven's Basillica, which was very beautiful. Then I went to the Terror Museum, which is the former headquarters for the secret police of both the Nazi and Communist governments right in the middle of Budapest. It was an interesting place. I don't know if it is categorized as a concentration camp, but it certainly was a place where Jews were exterminated. They had many videos of survivors, and one in particular struck me. It was of a group of women who were held prisoner for no apparent reason. Years later, they confronted the one woman who was their supervisor, and quite harsh to them. She kept saying that she didn't know why they were so afraid of her. She just didn't get it.
Then I walked to Heroes Square. At the square are statues of past Hungarian leaders, and some others that I found interesting. It was a Sunday, and there was some sort of ceremony going on where everyone was singing, and holding crosses. I'm not exactly sure what was going on, but it was fun to watch.

So I had to take a picture of the flushing mechanism for the toilet at the hostel. Yes, it is a pencil. And it wasn't just that one toilet, there were 2 with pencil flushers! What piece could have possibly been missing from the toilet? Was it too expensive to replace? Anyways, I thought it was funny.
The last picture was my breakfast at a McCafe by the train station. It was really good. The donut was filled with really creamy chocolate. Yum!

2 Comments:

  • Enjoying your pictures of Budapest. The toilet ones are funny. At least it looks pretty clean. Looking forward to the rest of your trip.

    Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!mom

    By Anonymous mom, at Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:31:00 PM  

  • Since you don't do this often, you should give us a heads up when you put up a new blog. I just happened by this while waiting for a friend. I love all of your photos. You have a good eye for forming a great composition. Aunty Marian

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, April 26, 2009 6:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page