Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Care package

The only reason I am making this list is because people asked. Ok, and I like gifts too :). Please do not feel that you must send me anything because it is very expensive to mail things to Japan. And of course I would love things not on this list too because they would be reminders of home. But thank you to those of you who are asking what I need (or want). I can’t tell you how happy and loved it makes me feel to know that you are thinking of me. Also remember how picky I am, so some of the items are very specific. Just laugh it off as one of my quirks.
Food:
Goldfish crackers (cheddar or multi-colored)
Cheerios (regular not honey)
Bisquick
Smucker’s sugar free syrup
Any type of mix (muffin, cake, cookie, brownie)
Frosting and cake decorations ( I’d like to use with my 2 kids I tutor)
Tomato paste in a tube
Newman’s Own Spaghetti Sauce
Worshtershire sauce
Ground coffee from coffee bean (light/med roast, flavored – not coconut)
Coffee mate powder (I go through the giant cans in about a month or two)
Flavored powder from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (fat free, sugar free vanilla or chocolate, if you can find their white chocolate, I’d love you forever)
Guava jam (not jelly)
Wheat thins or Triscuits (low fat even though it doesn’t really matter)
Non-perishable because of the time it takes to get here. Unless you come visit me and put it in your carry on! Then I have a whole other list!! Hee hee!

Teaching stuff:
Sentence strips
Index cards
Some basic workbooks to practice reading in English, about a K, 1st, or 2nd grade level for my two girls that I tutor. They are learning how to blend sounds. Just words, not really sentences yet.
English conversation frames
Little give away things for the kids from America, California, San Diego, or Hawaii (like stickers, postcards, key chains, etc.)

Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts. And your emails keep me from becoming homesick more than any presents (except, of course, for a California burrito).
Love you all,
Leilani

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page