Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Sunday, September 10, 2006

hula






Did you really think I’d give up hula for a whole year? This weekend my friend, Akemi, found us a hula group to join! The group is called Keola. I met with the two teachers after their show, and they seemed very nice. They don’t speak English, so I’m hoping they use Hawaiian commands, then I can follow along. I liked their costumes, much better than the ones from my old group. My first class will be on Sat. I am excited to begin my lessons!
By the way, the show was at a community center and before the hula performance, some high school bands performed. They were really good! I was quite impressed.

3 Comments:

  • I'm so happy you found a halau to dance with. I like their costumes better too. They look more like the ones Auntie Linda would chose for us.

    Enjoy the class!!!

    Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, September 11, 2006 1:52:00 AM  

  • I want to come to a performance!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, September 11, 2006 6:23:00 PM  

  • Larry and I are enjoying your adventures.
    Larry was bitten by a deer, too. We were told that if a deer dies on your property, you are fined, so people get up early and check their yards. If they find a deer they drag it someplace else.
    We love you.
    Aunty Marian and Uncle Larry

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page