Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Friday, September 29, 2006

Kada - fishing





Today during 5th and 6th period, the whole school walked over to the ocean and went fishing. About 5 or 6 of the student’s father’s neatly arranged about 80 fishing poles and many bait buckets for us before we arrived. The students were very excited, as was I. The poles had a long fishing line hanging from it with a small basket attached at the end to hold the ebi, and about 4 hooks going up the line from it. Most of the fish the student’s caught were Horse Mackerel. But there were 2 fugu, one big and one really tiny. The tiny one kept puffing his belly out to seem bigger. It was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. He was thrown back. The mackerel were not so lucky. Except for one. The girl in one of the pictures above ran by with the only fish she caught. I stopped her to take the picture. When she turned around to drop it into the bucket, it squirmed free and dove back into the sea. I was happy for him, but the girl was sad. At least I have proof that she caught one. I had a really nice time mingling with the students as they fished.
Unfortunately this is the school that I am at the shortest amount of time. The first visit is for 2 weeks, the second and third are only 5 days each. I am glad to have this experience at Kada.

1 Comments:

  • Wow! Fishing DURING school! I don't even want to tell you what we did near the end of our day last week! ;) Leilani, your experiences continue to amaze, wow, and impress me! WOW! (I had to say it again!) Those fish pictures are so cool! I love the one of the PE coach guy, too...he's so intense, yet peaceful looking. Keep sharing your exciting times....AND...don't you use the Skype!? We've gotten it and keep trying to find you online!!
    --Mary

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, October 01, 2006 2:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page