Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Mayuko's wedding party


Akiko (from hula), Mayuko, me, Chieko






I was surprised and pleased that one of my adult English students, Mayuko, invited me to her wedding party. It took place at the Daiwa Roynet Hotel, a nice hotel next to the castle. Earlier in the day, there was the ceremony and the reception. I went to the after party. Many of my adult English students were there too, so I had lots of people to talk to. The food was good, especially the dessert. The seating was interesting, tables were only men or women, not mixed. We played a game that I couldn’t understand, but two of the winners received an ipod and a handheld Nintendo! Then the guy who won the ipod decided to gamble it away to a group game of Junken (rock, paper, scissors). I was out in the first round. But at the end of the evening, I did receive a little party favor and a small bunch of roses. It was a fun experience that I did not expect to have during my time here. I am very glad to have my adult classes in the evenings. It’s busy, but I have made some nice friends and I’m learning a lot about Japanese culture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page