Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Thursday, June 14, 2007

oh god the humidity!

The rainy season has officially begun in Japan. Right now, at 11pm, it is 72 degrees and 100% humidity. School has been absolutely miserable. Since most people make assumptions about a culture based on whom they meet, sorry, but now they all think Americans sweat profusely.
I also got my hair straightened last Sat, and it hasn’t gotten frizzy at all! I love it!
I decided to take the day off on Friday. It is most likely going to rain again, and I have no classes scheduled, so I am staying home to enjoy my air conditioning and to play with Sumi. I also can’t stand the English teachers at this school, so I am looking for any excuse to avoid being around them. The students have been pretty good, but I have not been happy with the teachers. I have to endure it for another two weeks.

3 Comments:

  • Profusely sweating Americans...that is a better reputation to share than others I can think of! :) Stay cool....and if you need a dose of CHILL...head North and East!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, June 15, 2007 4:18:00 AM  

  • I'll trade you some of our heat for some of your humidity. I'm back in Sacramento and the weather's very different from Santa Cruz. :P Post a picture of your straighten hair! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:53:00 AM  

  • We are waiting to see your straight hair! People say high humidity is much more uncomfortable than higher dry heat.
    How is Sumi doing?
    Aunty Marian

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, June 22, 2007 1:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page