Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

In Hawaii



I know this is "My Japanese Adventure" blog, but just a quick note about my trip so far.
I flew in to Hawaii on Thursday, and leave for San Jose on Wed. It has been quite busy here. I visited with my Grandpa on Friday for dinner, went shopping and to a really pretty park on Saturday, and the beach on Sunday. It isn't quite the same without Lady around. I'm used to having her follow me around the house, patting her on the head, and giving her lots of doggie hugs. I see the spot on the curtains where she would always poke her nose through to check out the goings on outside. I miss her.
Well, now I am at the Coffee Bean for the 4th time in 5 days (I missed Sunday dangit!) They give you free WiFi access for one hour with a purchase. Hopefully I'll get to do a little more shopping today, but money is starting to run low, and I'm only on the first leg of the trip!
I have also been receiving updates from Sumi's kitty-sitter. He seems to be doing fine. She sent me a picture of him lounging on the 14 year old cat's bed. I hope he didn't get his little butt kicked for that! It is MUCH hotter in Japan, so the kitty-sitter told me "Sumi expands because it was hot today. The tongue was seen only a little." hee hee!! I really shouldn't laugh, because she is trying really hard to speak English and tell me about Sumi. But still, it's really funny!! That is what machine translated English sounds like.
Anyways, things are fine here. I'm having a good time, and I look forward to the next part of my trip.
I am trying to get a few pictures up, but the website isn't cooperating, so check back later for pics.

1 Comments:

  • Is that Sumi in the pictures? SO BIG!
    I hope your trip/visit is going well...I can't remember your travel dates, but...anyhow...hug San Diego for me! (And all the appropriate San Diegans!)

    By the way, I'll thank you now for inspiring this move to Alaska...for once Winter sets in, I may be cursing the move...or maybe not. Adventure, though, doesn't barge in on one's life...you gotta go get it!

    Loves!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, August 16, 2007 4:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page