Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Kuala Lumpur: day 2










On my second day, I slept in a little (accidentally), had a buffet breakfast at the hotel, and took a ride around the city on a Hop-on-Hop-off double-decker bus. It was a nice tour except for the Friday traffic.
One of the places I stopped at was called the Kuala Lumpur Lake Gardens. They have an orchid garden and hibiscus garden there. The national flower of Malaysia is the hibiscus. I absolutely loved the orchid garden. There were plumerias too, which are my favorite. All the colors were vibrant, and everywhere I turned seemed to have another beautiful flower. They had some for sale, but I wasn’t sure what all the rules are for bringing plants to different countries (especially Singapore), so I decided against it.
At 5:00 I rushed back to my hotel and over to the spa for a 3 ½ hour spa treatment! I deserve it! And it’s my money! (that’s to dad). I was taken to my own personal room with the massage table, bathtub, cushy chair, and bathroom with a shower. My masseuse was really sweet young Malaysian lady. First I sat in the comfy chair and drank some ginger and honey tea and had a coffee foot scrub – it smelled amazing – the scrub, and my feet too afterwards I guess. Next, I had a full body scrub with some kind of chocolate mixture, and she wrapped me up in plastic. After about 20 min, she came back, unwrapped me, and I took a shower. Then I hopped into a milky bath filled with rose petals. After I finished putting the curled petals on all my fingertips and splashing around, she came back and I had a mini-facial. Finally, I had an aromatherapy massage. It was a wonderfully relaxing treatment. Well, worth it considering the last leg of my trip was not as relaxing.

2 Comments:

  • The flowers are gorgeous and the spa sounds like heaven. Wish I was with you!

    Love you!!!!!!!!!!!mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, September 23, 2007 4:04:00 PM  

  • I love the picture of the water lily with the shadow below.

    I have never been to a spa, I think I am too shy to have all that done to me, but it sounds like you really had a great experience.
    Love,
    Aunty Marian

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, September 24, 2007 11:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page