Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

packing...again!!



Well, just a short update because I have to get back to packing. Yup, I was lucky enough to get a few days off this week, and I decided to head off to Singapore and Malaysia for 6 days! But, more about that later.
I have begun taking Japanese lessons, finally! I am really enjoying them. The teacher is great, and it is 90 minutes of one-on-one tutoring. I had my second lesson yesterday, and I have 3 pages of homework. It's great!
And I bet you all have been wondering about Sumi. He is doing wonderfully. He is really big now, over 2 kilograms! My new neighbors downstairs saw him tonight and said he's even bigger than 2 weeks ago. They are kind enough to watch him while I am off gallivanting around Asia. Sumi has stopped biting and scratching, so now if he would only sit still long enough to sit in my lap, and keep his paws out of my food, he'd be perfect. No, he really is a good boy. Right now, he is climbing up the drying rack and stealing my freshly laundered towels. Like I don't notice a long towel trailing behind him as he runs past me into my room! But he makes me very happy.
So I haven't really heard from anyone after my trip home, so please don't forget to write to me!
Take care!

2 Comments:

  • Wa ta shi no, na my ay wah, Mary des. (Is that phonetically semi-something??) I took 2 weeks of Japanese in college and, even if it were my only class...good idea with the 1:1 tutoring. I am sure I could have probably used 2 or 3:1...but, as we know, smaller class size ratios increase student achievement!

    You are AWESOME! I love your blog and thinking about your adventures in Asia! :) Have a safe and exciting journey. I wished I had seen you in San Diego...but it just means we have to get our behinds to Japan...or you need to visit Alaska! :) Perhaps both. We saw you were on Skype the other day...but when we got things hooked up, you were off...do you use it much?? In any case...be good enough and enjoy life!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, September 15, 2007 3:04:00 PM  

  • Hello,
    We just got back from Hawaii where we saw your Grandpa and Dad and Mom Gorgie. We went to Hawaii for the funeral of my aunt.

    We had a wonderful dinner with your parents and discussed the upcoming homecoming of your new brother. He is very cute.

    I love seeing all that you post. Sumi is very cute.

    We worried about you being in Indonesia when we read about the earthquakes in that area. I trust that you are all right.
    Aunty Marian

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, September 20, 2007 1:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page