Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Southern California



After my week in San Jose, I headed out bright and early for my drive down to San Diego. Unfortunately, leaving so early meant I was tired, so at about 9am, I pulled over into a rest stop for a nap. Normally, I wouldn't go into one, especially by myself, but I was so sleepy, and I figured that since I'm not a male planning to use the restroom, I'd be alright.
So I made it safely to San Diego, met more traffic that I remembered in mid-afternoon, but I was able to relax a little at the Coffee Bean. Thank you to Selina for opening up her home to me for 2 nights! She was a great hostess with a beautiful new townhouse (that reminded me of my old apt), a super comfy bed, and squishy socks that I just couldn't help feeling up all night.
My time in San Diego was short, but I managed to see lots of people, *although not everyone! * I went to work and chatted with my principal and the new Superintendent. It was nice to see everyone from work, but I am glad that I am not starting the year!! Everyone was super stressed. It will be nice to have another year off!










I also spent my birthday weekend up in LA with Beth and Shelley. I went up on Friday, and finally after dinner, and hours of chatting, I asked if we could do something for my birthday on Sat. Shelley asked what I wanted to do, and I said maybe Disneyland or get a massage, and dinner. She said that would be good. She didn't really seem very excited, and I didn't want to be all pushy about it, so I dropped it. We visited with Beth and Bruno later, and decided that we'd go to Disney's California Adventure on Sat afternoon. Apparently Bruno had a cake for me, but I didn't see it, so they ended up eating it themselves. Bastards.
So on Saturday, Beth picked Shelley and me up, we had a birthday lunch and headed to Disneyland! Shelley works for Disneyland now, as a character in one of the parades. I think she's a dancing starfish or something. Ok fine, she's really in the accounting dept, and boy does Disney take care of their employees! So when we arrived, I thought we were heading toward some special VIP entrance, but it turns out that they had planned an overnight stay at the California Adventure hotel and 2 days at Disneyland! I was so surprised! The hotel was great, and after whining about seeing a 7 year old get balloons for her birthday, the lady at the front desk gave me birthday balloons, a pin that made all employees say "Happy Birthday" to me, and an autographed picture of the princesses. Before heading to the park, we looked out at our awesome view from the hotel room, and saw the roller coaster called "California Screamin'" stuck at the top of the first incline. The people ended up having to walk off, but it was up and running by the time we got there. It was a great ride! We had a nice dinner at a restaurant in the hotel and headed back to our rooms. Beth and Shelley took a shower first, and when it was my turn I pulled back the shower curtain to reveal a gigantic E.T. doll strung up across the shower. In case you forgot, he is the scariest creature on Earth. So after screaming, running out of the bathroom, and making them stop laughing long enough to take him out, I took my shower. When I got out, I went to my bed only to find E.T. now in my bed with my blanket wrapped around his neck and leaning on an E.T. pillow. I had been making fun of Shelley for bringing such a large bag earlier. Now I realized, it wasn't that she needed lots of clothes, but lots of things to torture me with. Luckily they were both too tired to wake up in the middle of the night and put him back into bed with me, as I would have surely done to them.
It was a great birthday weekend and trip down south. I stuffed myself with as many burritos as time allowed, and went to some great restaurants in San Diego. Boy do I miss the food there! I was so happy to see all my friends. Thanks to Selina, Shelley, and Tamlyn for putting me up (or putting up with me) for the night(s). I sure do miss everyone. Keep writing please!!
And remember if you ever find yourself in Japan, let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page