Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Friday, August 31, 2007














Finally back to Hawaii again, the last leg of my month-long trip back to America. This time my grandma was back home, along with my Aunty Clare. So we went for our traditional Hawaiian food at Ono’s (my *favorite!!*) and we had a very nice visit together at a few of my favorite restaurants.
Grandpa and I hiked around on the trails that he has built on “his” land below the house. Of course the views are spectacular with the ocean, mountains, and Diamond Head in the background (pics 2,3,4, & 9). Luckily I brought my hiking slippers with me on the trip. Actually, I only brought one pair of shoes, and I didn’t want them getting covered with red dirt, so slippers were it!
Georgie planned a picnic with her family at the beach that was lots of fun until a storm came on quite suddenly and practically blew us away. Dad had fun playing volleyball with the kids until he spiked one into their faces. Actually, it could have been their dad that did that.
We also had a nice birthday dinner for dad with grandpa and a couple of friends. Surprisingly, I was requested to drive home even though it was the big truck, and we all know what happened last time I drove it… I swear that bus jumped right out in front of me, and brought a policeman, and about 10,000 witnesses with it! But it was either grandpa (who’s 85) or I, so I got us all home safely. And funny how with even a little bit of wine in them, sitting in the back seat, and without their glasses, both dad and Georgie could clearly see and communicate to me what the speedometer read.
Well, that’s it for my trip back home. I had an awesome time. I am even feeling homesick! I am so happy I had the chance to see so many of my friends and family. I loved seeing you all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page