Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy Halloween!!











Yes, it is early, but hey, most people here don’t know when Halloween is anyway. Actually, I had no hula this Sat, so it was the perfect time to throw a Halloween party! I had 11 people here in my little apt to celebrate. I decided to have a pumpkin contest with tiny pumpkins I bought. Of course there was lots of food. My downstairs neighbors, Matt and Hitomi, made tako yaki in orange, black, and green. I made meatballs, salad, chicken rice, deviled eggs, chips and salsa, and jello eyeballs (which everyone said were too gross looking to eat). I also attempted to make quesadillas, which failed miserably as the shredded cheese I bought turned out to be shredded eggs. I swear it totally looked like cheddar cheese! And who shreds eggs! I also made little cakes for (almost) everyone. I decorated them as graves. They tasted pretty good and everyone enjoyed them. We played a game called “Apples to Apples,” which was fun.
The only one to dress up was Theo, who came as Anna Nicole Smith's ghost. Although as he is not used to wearing a bra, his boobs were up around his shoulders. Then he complained about how uncomfortable it was to wear. Oh really! And I as hard as I try, I can't get his picture straight! He said he got some funny looks on the ways over. I wanted to do more of a costume, but I was so busy prepping and cooking that I had no time.
Sumi was very well behaved. He was a little freaked out by all the people, so he stayed in my room, but he had many visitors.
Out of 11 people, only 5 of us were from the US, and 3 had never been to Halloween part or carved a pumpkin before. So it was nice to share some traditions and we had a nice time.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page