Leilani's Japanese Adventure

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Jellyfishing and Sports Day












Wow, it has been a while since my last post. Things are going fine here, just busy as always.
Just a quick recap of what I’ve been up to. A few weeks ago I was at Kada and they had their Sports Festival and I went fishing again with them.
There is the jellyfish that unfortunately decided to swim close to children with long sticks.
An oil slick in the water.
The disgusting bugs that scared me when I peeked over the side and saw a million running around inches away from me. They were giant.
Now I am at Kishi, and they had their Sports Festival yesterday which was quite fun. This school is much bigger than Kada so instead of only two teams, they have 15. Each team/class makes a flag. Some of the kids are great artisits. My favorite event was one where they had to do some funny things like pop balloons and hop in a potato sack. One girl could not pop the balloon no matter how many times she sat on it, the air just kept oozing over to a different area. She was just too gentle with it. I thought it was quite funny to watch. I've already said how I do not want to use pictures of the kids on the blog, so I fuzzed out their faces. Now they look a little creepy, but I can post them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page